Advertisements

FACEBOOK WILL END ON MAY 15th, 2013! (UPDATE)

PALO ALTO  – Facebook continues to deny rumors it is shutting down on May 15th of 2013.  WWN, however, has confirmed that it is true.

On January 9th, WWN’s ace reporter, J.B. Smitts, broke the international story that Facebook was going to close down on January 15th because Mark Zuckerberg wanted to return to a normal life.   The story caused a worldwide sensation, and J.B. Smitts has been nominated for a Pulitzer Prize for breaking it.

READ WWN’s ORIGINAL FACEBOOK STORY

Facebook COO, Sheryl Sandberg has publicly denied the rumors, saying, “Facebook is not going to close down.  Not now, not ever.  We’re just getting started.”

David Ebersman, the CFO of Facebook, and the man working with Goldman Sachs on the new Facebook financing deal said, “many people feel that the deal with Goldman Sachs will lead to a change in Facebook or that we might shut down so the government won’t force us to go public.  All of those rumors are false.  We are going to be stronger than ever after May 15th.”

But WWN has spoken to insiders at Facebook who strongly contradict the public statements of the executive management team.

Sources inside Facebook tell us that the company is already making plans on how to handle the big shutdown.  “We can’t just turn it off on May 15th, 2013.  There will be a revolution,” said one insider.  “We have to prepare our users for the end of Facebook and offer them ways to keep their social networks alive.”

Zuckerberg maintains that one year is enough time for users to prepare for the demise of Facebook.  It also gives rival sites time to build up their user base.

There were rumors that Zuckerberg himself was going to appear on the Oscars or a the Super Bowl,  but Zuckerberg did not show up at either event.  New rumors are that Zuckerberg will make “an important announcement to the world” about the future of Facebook when he meets with President Obama in the White House on April 15th.

Meanwhile, there is panic all around the globe as Facebook users (and addicts) are frightened that they may lose their social networking community.  Top celebrities Tyra Banks, Mila Kunis, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber, Ashton Kutchter, Carrot Top, Meryl Streep, Danny Bonaduce and the Real Housewives of New Jersey and Atlanta are all panicking about losing Facebook.  “I’m addicted to Facebook,” said Tyra Banks. “Without it, my life is over!”

An online petition was started just hours ago to help persuade Zuckerberg and Facebook to remain open.

The organizer of the “Please Do Not Shut Down Facebook Petition”, Fritz Barnkopf, said, “we hope to get a million or more signatures before the Oscars, so Mark Zuckerberg will reconsider his tragic decision.”

WWN is following this developing story closely – constantly talking with Facebook insiders.  We certainly are rooting for Facebook to continue because it’s an important part of our own social media strategy and leading source for our site visits.

WWN is your only reliable news source on this – and all – breaking news stories.
And now… one of the MANY videos from panicked Facebook users about the shut down:

Advertisements

1,576 thoughts on “FACEBOOK WILL END ON MAY 15th, 2013! (UPDATE)”

1. i dont think its right to shut down facebook for the teens that dont have a phone its the only way they can talk to there friends when there away or over summer

2. ok i don't care if facebook r going to shut down.. Mark might be right because we need to go outside to make real friend.. there alot of fake account on facebook, they could be stupid. i am not addicted to facebook.. im addicted to nothing.

3. OMG…closin dwn facebook mite as well close dwn da internet…………..BAKK 2 MYSPACE( but myspace is nun lik facebook it doesnt even compare) or twitter…and he just lost billions of dollars

4. The weekly world news reader needs to stop telling everyone that Facebook Is going to shut down I am serious they keep on spreading rumors about this it needs to stop it really does need to stop I am serious

5. Shutting Dwn Facebook, would be the smartest thing anyone could ever do. i mean people have lost all type if social interactions with eachother and use facebook instead to socialize with the person. people are addicted to this website itss unbelieveablee. it causes relationship problems, breaking up, arguements..stress..divorces..suicide..fights..bullying..its so sad to c our people b dramatized by a website.i too love facebook but it has done nothin but cause conflicts..stress me out..andd use up all my battery..aha. shutting it down will be a positive outcomee..you know its truee..trusttt meee..

6. I might just be stealing this thread, but I am wanting to get my computer system taken care of, and also do not rely upon merely anybody at all with my stuff.I recently relocated to the area and also was investigating a several pc providers, searching for ones having excellent credentials. Just after looking about I narrowed it down to this one here.Is this a real local provider that I can place confidence in? Here's the trade name and details A Plus Computer Support 2300 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. #101 West Palm Beach, FL, 33409 (561) 283-4034. I am thankful for your direction!

• So What Are You Trying To Say….Do You Think It Should Or Shouldn't Shut Down Please Tell Me It's To Not Shut Down.

7. I would be more concerned about the entire internet shutdown, which I understand is the REAL plan anyway. America is so in debt that there is no "bail out" left, and Americans have no one to blame but themselves. The Government has to take measures to control a population which is fast becoming a danger to themselves and others. There surely won't be a Facebook in a Police State.

8. Best is to shut down whole Facebook System because It is not very safe, most of them have Facebook addict plus I feel it is too stressful and crime rate also have going up. It suppose to shutdown by 15 July but it still give excuses. By 15 October, please do tell all the news to end Facebook instead of ongoing and it does not last long. By 15 October 2012, get to keep well known people instead of adding all strangers with more than 950 million users.

9. I think that the persident of america is not americain at all they found his birth paper are a fake and it take them 22 hours to found out that this man not what he says he is and taking our human rights away that a sign that people need to either fight for there rights sign petiton or move out of america to some place that is not with this at all. People found obama hidden past and the anit-chirst and you also should check out 20 lies america should now youtube this and plases sign to inpaech this gay pervert this man had ho's and sex with man in the white house and take our right to protest and trying to take are freedom of speech and home away and become one with canada and mexsico and have an nwo NEW WORLD ORDER AND KILL AMERICA AND THE NDAA TAKE ANY AMERICAN IN PRSION AND KEEP THEM DISAPER THEM AND USED HAPP FOR NATURAL DISASTER IN THE WORLD. Look up happ this is every where people are trying to keep there freedom and must people are brain washed by obama and his sick disaster every where now people being killed the food is no good either gmo food organic is the why to go not fast food md is a fread for the food the hambager last for years look it up also sign the petiton for clean water and internet privseey sorry my spelling not so great but I do now what I'm talking about and also think this man obama is fanching greoge w bush work for world take over also taking the guns the away there a petiton to sign online all petiton are being signed online this one is to keep your gun in one prat of america.

10. i hope they shut it down for good facebook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hope thy doo
      …close it down…. there are little kids on fb…. that change
      There ages nd do not use fb the right way…. every one should just go back to my space like I did

• Well Good For You Just Because You Soft On MySpace Doesn't Mean That Everyone Else Does And The Only Reason Why Some May Do That Is To Talk To Their Big Cousins And Aunites

• Mann You A Twitter Dude So Stay On Your Side Any Facebook Will Stay On There's, By The Way Twitter SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Hope They Shut Down Twitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. I totally agree with you Des. Facebook has more cons than pros. People have a tendency to stalk each other to see what they are doing and I have seen countless people post their life stories that should NEVER be posted for all their friends to see. I admit. I did so as well, but people use Facebook more like a diary if you will for status updates than a social network. There is too much that can easily go wrong. I have lost dear friends due to facebook that I otherwise would still have and have made myself look stupid and crazy by posting stupid stuff on it. There needs to be a simplified social network where you cannot post your business for all to see, but just upload pictures in albums and comment on them. It has just gotten out of control with the way Facebook operates. I'm better off not knowing everyone's business and actually ASKING them how they have been instead of looking at their Facebook page to see the stuff they posted. Much more natural if you ask me and a WHOLE lot less stressful and worry free that you don't see people's dirty laundry.

12. Again again u are spreading rumours. wht the hell do u get by this? earlier, facebook is going to cahrge users. wtf! u kiddin me

13. Facebook is a great social communication for people around the globee its easy and simply awesome :)))))
    FACEBOOK SHOULD NEVER EVERR END OR DIEEEEEE…….LOVE YOU,GOD BLESS FACEBOOK GOD BLESS AMERICA!

• see we sould all think this way as a nation we ALLLLLLLLLLLL NEEEEEEEDDDDDD FACEBOOK COME ON PEOPLE WHO IS GOING TO FIGHT FOR IT DONT SHUT IT DOEN BECAUSE STUPID PEOPLE

14. Mark Zuckerburg, dont you dare to shut the facebook. Facebook might become madness but i can tell you that it helps the users to keep in touch with friends all the world and chat to them online. Facebook means a lot to everyone. If you shut it down then you would lose your money and you have become bad owner of facebook. Keep facebook for another year or until 2017 at least otherwise people would lose their friends when keeping in touch with them and i have doubt i will keep friends if facebook is no longer. Please dont you dare shut it down this year 2012! i would lose my friends and becoming loner if facebook is no longer there. shut it down, it would become stupid and it would make you bad owner for facebook company. we had ringo shut down so we cannot afford facebook to shut it down yet.

15. what would people do without facebook. it is peoples life and its how others keep in touch with family, i use it for the games and for family. i am not saying this in a bad way but if it shuts down who knows what people would do. i know some of you want it shut down but do you realize how much it means to people that can not deal with being out in public or have social anxiety issue. i have soical anixiety and it helps me be socail when i can not handle being outside around others. no i do not have mental issues. its just people like me need facebook to be who we are. i still get out and do my normal shopping but i enjoy talking to people when i get on facebook. please dont let it shut down and keep it going even if you give it another name do so. i seen myyearbook change to meetme. why not do the same with facebook.

• what is your guys deal facebook never did anything to you iam sorry but the world is not about you you guys prob had a girlfriend or a boyfriend that was cheeting on you cant blaim that on facebook just because they dont want to be with miserble people boring people not cute people or you guys are jjust people that want to spined time with your family i get that but face book is inportant to some people incase you didnt noties but we need facebook to talk to family if they dont have phones look at old pictures you dont remember then put your onley pictures that you cant find any more plzzzz iam 11 years old i think i kknow how bad it would be if we lose facebook i mean come on i know that you guys want respect but you need to earn it thank you face book for being there and you can also find old friends dear god plzz dont let facebook go away am or omin

• What Ever You Might Just Be An Addict That's Why You Want It To Be Shut Down, It's Not Facebook Fault You Probably Have Nothing Else To Do With Your life, Sorry If This Sounds Offensive To You But I'm Real And I Speak Or Type What's On My Mind Because I'm Real Like That, Least I'm Being Honest And Not Trying To Beat Around The Bush

• really dude are you what ever get a life facebook is the best your probley and older guy that wants every one to pay attention to you but no i will fight for facebook you freakin ooooooo…… what would we do with out facebook

16. Mark Zuckeberg always makes a false statement of stupid rumours about facebook is going to close down. He cant just threaten people to lose the facebook forever. Facebook is just unbelievable social network and users can help him to make sure facebook comes alive again. We all with Sheryl Sandberg for denying the rumours and for not closing facebook down and not with Mark for trying to close the facebook down. Dont you dare and more users will join facebook then it would become alive again and successful but we generally hope mark doesnt do anything stupid for closing this facebook down immediately but not until 2020 at latest.

17. facebook help's me to improve my skill's in communicating with other nation languages ..,,it is also
    the fastest way to learn other language…..so pls..

18. thankgod, finaly.
    maybe then EVERYONE can resume normal life….
    god facebook just ruins all sort of humanistic communication.

19. 29 male from California here, not sure how others feel but women are obsessed with Facebook it's sad! I experienced 3 buddy's in this past year get a divorce from the temptations that Facebook attracts! Face book does have positive traits, look at the statistics numbers don't lie…

20. good news. we can return to our daily normal life. Face book makes us away from our nearest ones and makes us close to other.
    Please shut down;.

21. A friend from the sydney modeling agency I am into told me about this… and of course I didn't believe it. There is no way Facebook would shut down soon. In fact, it is still just growing to be a marketing tool for companies, so there's no point of closing it.

22. Facebook have crime increased. The Facebook Games was inadequate and more than 950 million users do not use Facebook properly and intend to do cyberbullying & fighting against them and also seem to have many spams as well. Please Shut down by 15 October Immediately with no more extension is required. Please use other accounts apart from Facebook & should change your life.

23. just heard it's supposed to go down today (Nov 5th)…
    I am an addict – one of the few ways I can communicate with people without having to call them or interupt them
    Good source for our high school reunion etc

24. Facebook is the most Evil Social Website ever created, it doesn't help you in any shape or form, your communication skills will not improve it will just stay the same, the only way to improve communication skills is talking face to face with someone, that way you'd understand there feelings you look at there face expressions to know what you said was right or wrong, talking in front of a screen is different, you'd say random things that you wouldn't mean to say, there's been more break ups & arguements on Facebook than talking face to face… Facebook should be shut down it's for the best for human kind…

• I use fb because I live 630 miles from my family and friends. I moved to better my life with better job oppurtunities. I work in a field that I deal with people face to face everyday. People that are using fb for other social outlets are just ruining it for everyone but do not say that it is Evil and doesnt help people. I have excellent face to face skills as you put it

25. I'm Not An Addict But I Do Like Getting On Facebook Once In A While And You Know What, Those For Who Are Addicts That's Their Decision To Stay On There For A Long Time. Some People Need Facebook To Communicate To Their Long Distant Families Across The Globe Instead Of Writing Them Wasting Time How Bout Just Video Chat With Them Some People Don't Even Know About ooVoo, So Facebook Is Somewhat Good For People That Has A Life To Spend And More. I Know I Need Facebook To See Sometimes If We Have Uniforms At School, I go To Warrington Middle School So In That Case Has Helped Me Plenty Of Times So By That Being Said DO NOT SHUT DOWN FACEBOOK It's Really Apart Of Our Social Community.

26. They shouldn't shut down facebook. there are some people out there that don't get to keep in touch with their families or friends. the only way they can is through facebook. the other websites are mainly scams, and they can't get in touch with there families or friends.

27. I'm a FB addict and I think it would be awesome for them to shut down. It would tear me away from the computer and be able to get stuff done that is more important. There is Myspace to keep in touch with people.

28. I am just so happy for that news. If they shut it down, great! Now everyone can become normal again. I say that Facebook is horrible these days. Even though I use them once in a while, my best friend got in a stupid fight about this and I want to ignore her and shutting it down is a good way to do it. She ALWAYS get angry at whatever I do. Even if she knows it's her fault. She says to copy and paste something about this and I didn't want to so she started calling me a liar for no reason! I mean, she is always like that. I can't wait until it shuts down.

29. hey folks…i doubt this news is real. i mean really, can you find any other refs to this online? Do you really think investors will let a publicly held company with a board shut down….forget it.

30. i need $25,000 ideas hahahahahaahahahaahaha other then that the dumbass shouldnt end it because i need it because i dont have a phone and its the only way i can talk to my REEL friends out of state or far away

31. Sammie there is more to life then just Facebook.Think about it what were you doing before Facebook.Get out there and enjoy lifeit is better then being stuck behind a computer talking to your friends when you got the phone.

32. Yeah another fake article because if this was gonna happen then Facebook would of announced it on the site and also the video being set to private is another giveaway too.

33. wwn is SO reliable that it wont hold up to its claims. go to facebook the day of or day after they claim it is shut down and guess what, it will still be open. how can anyone trust a magazine with such fake stories?

34. Facebook is doing more bad than good to the society.True it has got a very good purpose if used correctly but unfortunately,people don't do so and it has played more havoc than good.

35. hey there and thank you in your information ? I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did alternatively experience several technical points the usage of this web site, as I skilled to reload the web site a lot of times prior to I could get it to load correctly. I were puzzling over in case your web host is OK? No longer that I'm complaining, but slow loading cases instances will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am including this RSS to my e-mail and can glance out for a lot more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you replace this again soon..

36. Stop this rumours about its gonna shut down. it wont shut down and Mark Zuckerburg will waste his time if he meets president about facebook. MARK ZUCKERBURG, I DARE U NOT THINK ABOUT CLOSING DOWN FACEBOOK BECAUSE YOU CANT THINK ABOUT YOURSELF AND NOT OTHERS. OTHERS ARE HAPPY WITH FACEBOOK SO WHY ON EARTH YOU SPREADING RUMOURS ABOUT CLOSING DOWN FACEBOOK. You can wait until 2016 if you want to close down but not until 2014 really comes up

37. Facebook is disgusting. a lot of people have commited suicide because of it. shut down fb i dont care who is against this post. facebook has turned into a pool of ignorance and its not helping anyone anymore

• I agree with you….I have an account n loads of pics on it but truth be told, it's not a place that I would consider hold my true friends. I could care less if it shuts down. Honestly, I think it needs to be done but this is most likely a hoax anyway.

• i agree completely fb should shut down.it is causing all kinds of problems.its ruining relationships and so much more.it became a dating service instead of being a way to keep contact with friends. and to play games on, if you really want to keep in contact with your friends you have a phone.

• Facebook is what you make of it. People killing themselves is not because of Facebook it is because they were not strong enough mentally to deal with criticism from total strangers. I could care less about someone I have never met saying something negative about me. It's all about realizing that FB is a virtual community not a realistic one.. And yes there is allot of ignorance going on on FB but you have the choice to follow or block the makers of said ignorance.. Again I say that FB is what you make of it..

38. Yes! It is really a great decision! I wanna you shutdown on facebook please! That's because facebook was really disgusting no one respect own personal, facebook peoples got out of control, ruining their life, there are many bullying, big deal time terrible show poses,show naked these picture, open your mind show video, their young children can see nasty pictures cause they will stressful, depress, scare, hurt, careless and crazy. That's how sadly I think better end on facebook for REAL!

39. I was pretty pleased to discover this web site. I need to
    to thank you for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely appreciated every part of it and I have you saved to fav to look at new information on your blog.

40. MY PRAYER HS BEEN ANSWERED!!!! IT RUINED MANY LIVES!! THAT WAS REALLY A DEVIL NETWORK!!! THE THE DEVIL IS NOT GOING TO SLEEP–HE WILL CREATE ANOTHER ONE!!!

• I can understand where you are coming from , but like it also has helped many people , and it even helped me fine my real mother so dont say that i am very sad that this is going to happen because i dont have a phone so this is my only social source

41. What about all the guys over sea. That use facebook to talk to there family's. there has been bad things with facebook and good thing. Its all about how you use it. you can use a knife to cut a tomato or you can kill some one with it.

42. Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a applicable deal. I had been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered brilliant clear concept