WOMAN IMPLANTED WITH WRONG EMBRYO

woman_implanted

SYLVANIA, OH – An Ohio woman was accidentally implanted with another couple’s embryo, and will have to give up the baby.
Sean and Carolyn Savage had three children, but wanted to try for one more. Due to a medical condition, they decided to use IVF, or in-vitro fertilization, to have their fourth child.
However, twelve weeks into the pregnancy, the couple were informed that Carolyn had been mistakenly implanted with another couple’s embryo!
Carolyn remembers the moment she found out: “I was upstairs in the bedroom and he came through the door and said ‘I have really bad news’ and I kind of sat up and he said, ‘You are pregnant but they transferred the wrong embryos.’
“I was actually yelling at him, ‘You are joking, you are joking’ and he kept shaking his head. He was white as a sheet.”
Because of their religion, Sean and Carolyn decided to not terminate the pregnancy, and instead carry on and hand over the baby once it was born.
They met the genetic parents a few weeks later, and Carolyn asked only that she has a few moments after the birth to say goodbye to the child she had carried for nine months.
When asked how they had gotten through the pregnancy, Carolyn said, “We are trying to mentally frame it in a positive way and look at is as a gift for this family that 8-months ago we did not know.”
“I think that is the only way we will get through it.”
Because of a medical condition, this is the last baby Carolyn will be able to carry. The couple is now looking into “carriers” that would be implanted with their embryos.
The Savages’ attorneys are making sure that the fertility clinic “will accept full responsibility for the consequences of their misconduct.”

53 thoughts on “WOMAN IMPLANTED WITH WRONG EMBRYO”

1. This is not about what Obama or the government is doing or should do or could do. It is about these people whoes lives will never be the same because of a terrible mistake. But I believe that everthing happens for a reason. Perhaps the embryo was implanted in the this women because had they been implanted into the genetic mother it might have not be succesful. I feel for both families, hopefully they will remain in contact for the health of the child and each other. Carrying ab child for 9 months is a wonderful experience and I could not imagine having to give that child away this is a wonderful women , and I hope she is blessed with as many children and her family are able to care for because she is obviously a loving caring person.

2. Why can't the other couple do the same for them? She could be implanted with their "bundle of joy" and all would be even-steven and no other parties would come into play. Sounds fair to me.

3. Mess w/mother nature and see what happens…How hypocritical to view each artificially created embryo as deserving of the right to life even tho the IVF process seems to guarantee collateral damage. If God wants you to have children, then you'd get pregnant the old fashioned way. and if you don't get pregnant, accept it and move on with your life. Did these people ever consider adoption?

4. Why bring Obama into this? Some ignorant person made the comment to limit the number of children. Also I did not vote for Obama, but it took 8+ years for the Bushes to F everything up, why not give Obama his 4 to try to fix the mess he didn't cause. We were already in financial trouble before he took office. He deserves his chance that he was voted into office for. He also deserve the FULL 4 years so quit demeaning him and judging him after only 9 months on the job.

5. Lynda, why shouldn't President Obama be allowed to be president? He was elcted legally! Not like the fiasco in Florida when the Bushes bought the election. The country wants someone to fix the mess that Bushes left us. Give him a break! Also I work full time for a living and still can't find affordable medical care. I am open to the new ideas, then maybe I can go to the doctor. Also if when I am terminal and the doctor wants to send me to someone to explain to me my choices in life, I will be willing to go. They are not telling me I can't live or that they won't provide care, only explaining my options. This is America! I DO have options!!

6. Your comment is nothing but a recap of the others before you who also were so off base as to what the subget was about to begin with. You say "WAKE UP AMERICA" like you are making some great point!

7. I agree with Cynde. Who the hell are you Linde? You need to get ready people are sick of the wealthy good ole boys like Bush and Cheney. You failed to comment on how many Americans (black, white and hispanic) have been killed over a fabricated story your president made up. And how much money did Cheney make from getting all the kickbacks from Haliburton? Remember those were our billions of dollars awarded to these companies for a war we never should have been in. One day people will learn that what you believe is your business but the truth is everybody's. So here is one truth, Obama is half African and half white, he is male, he is married to brillant African American woman and he graduated from YOUR top university law program at the top of his class. And guess what? Unlike Bush, his daddy didn't pay to get him in or get them to graduate him HE EARNED IT. So lets get back to what this entire blog was about, thanks to the couple for doing the right thing for this baby but a very difficult thing for their family.

8. How did what is going on with these two families become about our President? What she and her family are going thru is horrible. I'm a mother and I have to say she is making the choice that only a mother could make. It's rare that people are so selfless anymore. Now, my family doesn't practice a Christian religion, we are Wiccan, so I will not quote any verses from the Bible, but she is doing the right thing for the other couple. And it's obviously the right thing to do in regards to her beliefs as well.

9. I can't imagine any saying that this couple should only have three children. Who are you to judge. This is a very CHRISTIAN family and what they are doing is a precious gift. I honestly belive that if they didnt have the finances to support four children that they probaly would consider that as an option. God Bless the Savage's for what they did. This hurt their whole family including those three other children. Mind your own business, get a heart but most importantly find Jesus Christ!! Obama has nothing to do with any of this. Keep him in the White House where he belongs he has enough on his plate dealing with stuff he doesn 't deal with God Bless the Savage Family I will be praying for ya'll with your surrogate mother..