POPCORN LUNG

DENVER, CO – A man has settled a lawsuit with a popcorn flavoring company after developing “popcorn lung”!
Wayne Watson said he regularly ate two bags of microwave popcorn every day for years. While it presumably caused other health concerns, in 2007 he developed a lung condition that was linked to the flavor chemical diacetyl!
Watson told doctors he loved the smell of the popcorn, and would breathe in the steam from the just-opened bag every time. It is believed the fumes are what led to the chemical affecting his lungs.
“You know, it’s one of those things that you kind of shake your head and say, how can anybody eat that much popcorn? But it was about two bags a day every day for about ten years,” said Watson.
The chemical is naturally occurring in butter, cheese and wine. However, a number of other potential victims, workers in the factories, have sued the flavoring companies in recent years.
Watson has settled his claims against FONA International Inc., formerly Flavors of North America Inc. The terms were not released.
Here’s an interview he did in 2007, when his lawsuit was first submitted:
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H02TzPqjBqo]

(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)

4 thoughts on “POPCORN LUNG”

  1. If this is true, then the guy I work with is going to die. If that happens – Bonus!! I get rid of him and I move up the ladder. Think I'll go make him another bag just to be nice !!

    Reply
    • your so nice…. but heres the thing, do you think your consious would let you live with yourself?! think about it…

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

https://weeklyworldnews.com/