ROMAN POLANSKI SPEAKS OUT

LOS ANGELES, CA – A highly acclaimed filmmaker and producer has broken his silence about his pending legal problems!
Roman Polanski had gone into hiding and bad seemingly lost touch with the public over the last month. On Sunday, he broke his silence and addressed his possible extradition to the United States over a 33-year-old sex-crime case. In his statement he accused authorities of “trying to serve me on a platter to the media of the world.”
“I have decided to break my silence in order to address myself directly to you without any intermediaries and in my own words,” Polanski said in his statement, circulated by online magazine La Reglu du Jeu and his friend Bernard-Henri Levy.
Polanski is an Oscar-winning director who’s masterpieces include “The Pianist” and “Chinatown.” He was arrested in Switzerland on September 26 and has been under house arrest ever since in his Alpine Swiss chalet. He has been waiting pending possible extradition for sentencing in the case that stemmed from his arrest in 1977 after having sex with a 13-year-old girl.
The director was charged with rape, among other offenses and pleaded guilty to having unlawful sex with a minor. He spent 42 days in a California state prison during a psychiatric evaluation, but he fled the country before final sentencing.
“I can remain silent no longer because the request for my extradition addressed to the Swiss authorities is founded on a lie,” Polanski added in his statement.
He argues that the Judge Laurence J. Rittenband who died in 1993, committed improprieties in the case and had promised that the psychiatric evaluation would be his entire sentence. A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has said that he cannot pursue such claims until he returns to the United States.

(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)

4 thoughts on “ROMAN POLANSKI SPEAKS OUT”

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

https://weeklyworldnews.com/