Take a look at some of the pearls of wisdom we found in everybody’s favorite oyster-like treat.
Fortune cookies delight us in so many ways: the brittle sweetness, the excitement of finding out what’s inside, the promise of a check still unpaid. But whatever we choose to tip our surly but admittedly efficient waiter, at least we get advice that’s good enough to eat.
- Lady luck will visit you at work, but you will be in the middle of something.
- You are a wise, fortunate person given to ordering more food from great Chinese restaurant.
- With each passing day you become more malleable.
- You will find happiness, then lose it again, then find that you’ve lost it.
- Please sit down. There is much to discuss.
- You should not have come here, young one.
- Do not trust anyone over thirty or under thirty-one.
- You have an acceptable sense of direction.
- The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but the road to heaven is not yet paved due to a stalled ordinance.
- In bed.
- A suitable metaphor for your life is on the horizon.
- Do not make important decisions while skydiving.
- Trust your enemies, not your friends, for some reason.
- ‘Good things come in small boxes’ is an underused innuendo.