37. If you bought a home when interest rates were high, consider refinancing at a lower mortgage rate.
38. Check on discounts offered by your insurance company. For cars, most companies offer discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes and safe drivers. At home, burglar alarms and dead bolts usually earn a discount.
39. Check the financial pages of your newspaper to find the credit cards offering the lowest interest rate.
40. Call around to your local banks for the most attractive interest rates on savings accounts and CDs.
41. Prepare your own tax return. Take an inexpensive or free class at a local community college to learn how.
Next: 42 – 50
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)