Your birth order has a powerful influence on the kind of person you are, according to a new study by child psychologists.
And no matter what your birth order is, here are tips that you can follow to capitalize on your strengths and make your life more enjoyable.
As a first born child you are quite likely a conscientious, reliable person, a perfectionist. This is a great asset, because people look up to you, trust you and feel they can count on you, according to psychologists.
It’s no wonder that first borns often go on to positions of leadership or high achievement. Fifty-two percent of U.S. Presidents were first borns (only four have been the babies in their families). But be aware that your strengths can become weaknesses.
Here are some tips:
- Take smaller bits of life. First borns are known for getting involved in too many activities.
- Work on saying no. Many first borns are pleasers – they like the approval of others and almost always accept invitations and requests. Know your limits.
- Remember that as first born your parents had higher expectations for you than for any other children. You expect to be best – perfect.
Perfectionism is a great way to commit slow suicide. Doa little less and enjoy life more.
Lots of hand-me-downs, fewer photos in the family album, and feeling like an outsider or fifth wheel are all the stereotyped fates of the middle child. But while first borns and last borns get more attention, middle children get better training for life.
Tips for the middle child:
- You probably have certain people-oriented social skills because of all the negotiating and mediating you had to do while growing up. Use these skills to see both sides of an issue and deal with life as it really is.
- Don’t play comparison games. You understand better than anyone that there are always people who are above or below you in terms of ability, interest, appearance, athletic skill, etc. Just be comfortable with being you.
- Middle children often make excellent managers and leaders because they understand compromise and negotiation. If you are in a position right now where you can try for a manager’s slot, don’t hesitate. Use your natural middle-child skills to go for it!
1 thought on “WHAT IS YOUR BIRTH ORDER PERSONALITY?”
Wahhh I suck!! I'm a middle born servant to the 1st borns and babies of the family!! Waaahh Waaah….LOL….I may have chosen that for this incarnation because I was at either end last time? Maybe next time I'll be a firsty or a lasty LOL…until then I'm just having fun for the duration of the ride we call life 🙂