Advertisements

FACEBOOK WILL END ON MAY 15th, 2013! (UPDATE)

PALO ALTO  – Facebook continues to deny rumors it is shutting down on May 15th of 2013.  WWN, however, has confirmed that it is true.

On January 9th, WWN’s ace reporter, J.B. Smitts, broke the international story that Facebook was going to close down on January 15th because Mark Zuckerberg wanted to return to a normal life.   The story caused a worldwide sensation, and J.B. Smitts has been nominated for a Pulitzer Prize for breaking it.

READ WWN’s ORIGINAL FACEBOOK STORY

Facebook COO, Sheryl Sandberg has publicly denied the rumors, saying, “Facebook is not going to close down.  Not now, not ever.  We’re just getting started.”

David Ebersman, the CFO of Facebook, and the man working with Goldman Sachs on the new Facebook financing deal said, “many people feel that the deal with Goldman Sachs will lead to a change in Facebook or that we might shut down so the government won’t force us to go public.  All of those rumors are false.  We are going to be stronger than ever after May 15th.”

But WWN has spoken to insiders at Facebook who strongly contradict the public statements of the executive management team.

Sources inside Facebook tell us that the company is already making plans on how to handle the big shutdown.  “We can’t just turn it off on May 15th, 2013.  There will be a revolution,” said one insider.  “We have to prepare our users for the end of Facebook and offer them ways to keep their social networks alive.”

Zuckerberg maintains that one year is enough time for users to prepare for the demise of Facebook.  It also gives rival sites time to build up their user base.

There were rumors that Zuckerberg himself was going to appear on the Oscars or a the Super Bowl,  but Zuckerberg did not show up at either event.  New rumors are that Zuckerberg will make “an important announcement to the world” about the future of Facebook when he meets with President Obama in the White House on April 15th.

Meanwhile, there is panic all around the globe as Facebook users (and addicts) are frightened that they may lose their social networking community.  Top celebrities Tyra Banks, Mila Kunis, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber, Ashton Kutchter, Carrot Top, Meryl Streep, Danny Bonaduce and the Real Housewives of New Jersey and Atlanta are all panicking about losing Facebook.  “I’m addicted to Facebook,” said Tyra Banks. “Without it, my life is over!”

An online petition was started just hours ago to help persuade Zuckerberg and Facebook to remain open.

The organizer of the “Please Do Not Shut Down Facebook Petition”, Fritz Barnkopf, said, “we hope to get a million or more signatures before the Oscars, so Mark Zuckerberg will reconsider his tragic decision.”

WWN is following this developing story closely – constantly talking with Facebook insiders.  We certainly are rooting for Facebook to continue because it’s an important part of our own social media strategy and leading source for our site visits.

WWN is your only reliable news source on this – and all – breaking news stories.
And now… one of the MANY videos from panicked Facebook users about the shut down:

Advertisements

1,576 thoughts on “FACEBOOK WILL END ON MAY 15th, 2013! (UPDATE)”

1. I love to know facebook off. Its is really great Decision. Because million of people waste their time using facebook. They invest lot of time .But I believe if they can invest time for study or research or some serious matter they gather huge knowledge then facebook.This decision absolulely perfect

2. u Mr. zuckberg is a straight up fool to shut Facebook down if u can't manage it now why the hell u started it u straight up fool u must think outside the box before u start it. once again u are a straight up fool. u white fool

3. please don't delete facebook! Maybe it's a waste of time,but you can contact with other people on this world! All you people r haters! >:I And also,you can have many good friends !!

4. Does this mean it's a rivalry fight? If it' not pls keep facebook alive. Bcos it's makes some 1 like me fit in, n belonged. Bcos is never a dull moment with facebook

• dont know your reasons dont kow you but im with…..My opinion is that FB should shut down the sooner the better. I see too many reasons for it to close alot of users dont know how to manage this kind of social networck posting abreviated bad words or the bad word itself ,posting pictures and disrespecting God sayin if you could see him in any dirty looking picture…also to many kids adolescents are wasting their whole time when they they should be preparing for their…why not spend times with friends personally …to all the addicted users think about it what does Fb give you… really nothing good ….people who like to go on it not against go ahead but to the FB i say my opinion is it should close first think of all bad things that can and how many users are destroying this social network

• how dare you say that by pouring your hatred when facebook is the only way of catching up with people i.e family members who live far away or perhaps old friends from the school years and the college years and you say 'facebook has to be banned'? you should be ashamed of that remark its sour grapes

5. What up people please facebook is going no were you can trush me on that have you any idea how much money facebook is wroth and and idea how much money face book makes each year lol you have more chance of winning the lotto that facebook ever closeing down take it from someone that knows FACEBOOK IS HEAR TO STAY AND IT IS HEAR FOR A LONG LONG TIME TO COME facebook is no were near even started yet and facebook and if you believe in Mark Zuckerberg and facebook and if the little changes that have happen are anything to go by with the new time line set up if it will not before before we get a chance to change the way our facebook lay out our selfs and i am sure that Mark Zuckerberg has a lot of ideas for facebook to make it even bigger and better it is not closeing down at all its hear to stay it is the future believe me.

6. Without Facebook, I can't keep contact with my friends, old as new…
    Which means that I have no social life…

7. I'm willing to bet that most Facebook users only display what they want you to think about them. You don't really know a person until you meet them in public. Then there's the games – Farmville, how lame can you get? If you want to grow things and sell them do it for real in your yard!

8. NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9. shut it down plz it ruined my life people cheat because of it… meeting people they dont know and having sex with them so now my boyfriend has cheated on me he also gave me a std for life all because he was looking for girls on facebook…shut it down now im going to be suffering for the rest of my entire life..

• oh yes for that to im with you thats what men like to with all those gils who put the semi neckat pictures to show off ……if you look at it the right way and think smart Fb has alot alot of reason to close

• No, you're ex-boyfriend ruined your life, not Facebook. Get it right. Blame the right person.

10. please please please do not shut it down i'll depresed without it my whole life around it i get news about collage my lover my work my friends my family ievery thing please do not take one more pretty thing in are life in libya please keep it up we'll be mad without it

11. Thanks for your posting. I also think laptop computers have gotten more and more popular lately, and now are usually the only sort of computer utilized in a household. The reason being at the same time that they're becoming more and more inexpensive, their computing power is growing to the point where they're as effective as desktop from just a few years ago.

• Wake up people! Most Facebook users have brain of ants. Facebook been sued bad name right after IPO that is why Facebook public relation hires persuasion manipulation experts to interrupt people emotional pattern and shift worldwide user focus from Facebook being sued to shutting down. So that they can secretly work out the lawsuit… You can tell face book users are stupid. In psychology of persuasion we call this principle law of contrast. Being sued doesn't seem like a big deal at all after all it's shutting down

• I will sign it too…Facebook has helped many bully's trash and destroy lives…shut it down

12. I see that there are a lot of grammatical and spelling errors? How many of you know English? How many of you can read? I was going to ask how many of you if you can write, but the answer glares me in the face.
    Off topic: no God, Allah, Force, whatever; no problem.

13. it is great to here that face book is going to shut ! so now many boys and girls can con'tre on there studies , no more fight with boyfrnd or girl frnd, no more fight with hub and wife.

• That's not exactly true. Teens will always find a way to procrastinate, and fights between couples will still happen.

14. Well. This came as shocking news to me.
    I would be fine with Facebook shutting down because of how it hurts society in ways, but I'm incredibly angry at the decision. I have friends that have moved far to the other side of the country and I could only contact them through Facebook. A group of friends of mine will have a harder time to find out the homework that night because we won't have the ability to contact each other. Use a phone? We don't know each others' phone numbers. I also have a group of friends that I met with Facebook back in 2010. We have no other way of talking to each other.
    Facebook had changed my life in a good way. Even though I'm probably alone on this, I don't want to see Facebook go. It's changed my life for the better. If Facebook does shut down, I hope my friends and I can find a social network similar to it.

15. Boo hoo hooo….Facebook addicts have other places to go. Yes, I have facebook, but am I going to die if it is shut down? No.
    1. Mail
    2. Email
    3. Phone
    4. Personal visit
    5. If they don't matter, you don't need to know about them.
    So….addicts, go check yourself in at a center and get over it.

16. So many issues with security, particularly the information and behavioral security of its users. It's the business model of Facebook and others to monetize the activities of their users by tracking and tracing by numerous third-party companies in order to customize advertising placement, etc.
    If all that's okay with folks then I'd say go for it, but many people aren't sufficiently aware of the implications of this data-basing activity. That's precisely why WorldTruth_Org was created. It's the only social networking site where members will not be tracked or traced or data-based and that's guaranteed.
    Rather than surreptitiously monetizing their members, WorldTruth operates exclusively from member contributions; it's the next [r]evolution in social networking.

17. pls don't close i get more friends in fb that is give more happy in my life.but this all are go that is not happy that was a very shocking moments

18. Ever since fb came along everybody has become lazy all they wanna do is chat on fb the website should of shut down years ago people never wanna meet face to face or chat down the phone and then fb makes u fall out with your friends because they just wanna chat on fb they should shut it down the addictors will find something new thet arent gonna die

19. In reality they should shut it down, but this site is just trying to make people upset. And if they are naive enough to believe this post, then they should be.
    This site is pure bull, don't let it bother you. I have to admit though, the writers are good at making stories up. They are pretty entertaining.

20. You idiots, facebook isn't shutting down. This is a corporation; just because Zuckerberg created it doesn't mean he can end it now. There are people with stock in facebook. These are basically the people who own it and there are others who operate it. It's not shutting down -.- And to all of you saying "Good riddance", please.. Teens have their phones if they dont have facebook. "face to face" contact has been out since the development of phones, period. Don't act like this is new. Maybe I despise all of the people I'm surrounded by and prefer people I have things in common with. Social networking provides this. Morons.

21. Shut it down! Facebook is just nothing, but just a complete waste of time and giving people a lot of problems, especially teenagers. Well, you can always use cellphones and telephones to communicate with people.

22. Some of you guys need to get a life. people use facebook to stay connect to friends and family that r out of town. It is a place were people meet up with old friends that havn't seen. People that are bed ridden or disable can stay in contact with the ones they love..

23. all you people who are saying they should close facebook are probably the ones who are addicted to facebook the most and ya'll are probably gonna cry when it actualy does get shut down

24. It's not the end of the world if facebook shuts down, just the end of facebook. This has been coming for a long time and now it's finally happening. Just a lesson to learn; never set your life around something as finite as another man's idea.

25. I grew up in Tucson untill i was 12 years old. I have sooo mnay memories and Old Tucson studios its not even funny. My uncle Troy Estep was a stutman untill he passed away and my Mother is the one who MADE THE HORSE TRAILS and worked as a wrangler for quite some time. I am now almost 18 and starting my job there as a wrangler in the next few days…LOTS OF FUN…I recommend Old Tucson to everyone

26. If facebook is clossing, then i will welcome this decision..because now a days all teenage students even kids also always addicted to facebook…Before F for father, now it is F for facebook…no time to work, no time to study, no time to spend with our family..always addicted to facebook and chating..so better they close this addicting site and then all people and students get rid of it and back to their works…thankyou for all to giving me a chance to say my opinion.

27. I am addicted to facebook I literally spend around 3-8 hours a day on it. I don't want to spend all that time on it I would rather be doing something worth while. My problem is I can't stop I can't hit the delete account button. I hope he gets rid of it so I have no choice, but to stop.

• Well matador if you don't like FB thats ok, you don't have to go on FB. But what right does a person have to take away a persons choice to use FB if they want to. It's not affecting you so don't worry about it. I have family over seas and this is how I communicate with them you idiot..

28. You guys are absolute idiots. Gives me hope though, as long as there are retards (68k people signed the damn petition to not shut down facebook) like you out there, then people like me can and will scam your god damned money.
    Keep uneducated.

29. Ya its a bad news that facebook is going to be shut down soon. but it is not end of ones life. it will be difficult to spent time without facebook but we can't do anything about this.

30. I'd be devastated if Facebook shut down. Now way am I the only one. (Don't get me wrong, I do well in school.)
    I joined a group of over 10,000 about 5 months ago, and we all share one common interest. It's so much easier to make friends here, because we know that we all like the same thing. We all get along so easily, don't take that away please… In fact, we all get along so well we were even able to get a laugh out of this whole situation. We joked about moving the whole group to Twitter, although we know it's irrational. xD
    Anyways, the point I want to make is this: INTERNET RELATIONSHIPS CAN GROW TO BE JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE REAL LIFE ONES. And THAT is the bottom line. THAT is what so many people don't understand.

31. I’m glad FB is shutting down. People should spend more time doing something else other than being on FB eight and ten hours a day almost every day of the week, like really dude. FB has ruined people lives, relationships, and marriages; people getting killed for expressing how they feel, people are getting into fights; a lot of cheating is going on, people getting abducted, etc. You name it, it’s not all positive. Yeah I know this could happen anywhere but shutting down this site will help cut down on some of this mess. There is more to life than FB and it’s time that this site ends.

• This whole article about Facebook shutting down on July 15th is a FAKE
      And there is NO WAY that Mark Zuckerburg would shut Facebook down cos he's not that mean
      Anyway you guys are over reacting about a Fake article that is not going to happen
      I'm sorry but you need to get you facts straight
      And just a reminder that The Weekly World News is the most worst website ever because it gets Fake information not real
      YOU GUYS OUT THERE ARE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS

• Well that should be a choice that each person should make for them selves. If you don't want to thats your business. But who are you or anyone else to decide for someone else how many hours they spend on FB. Is it affecting your personally, if not why should you care… Are you working for Obama?

32. This is Just a rumor to scare people!i heard this back in march and it was a rumor then to to scare people and it a rumor now to scare people!Quit scare people of this crap of a rumor!

33. It's sad when a "news publication " has to result in stories like this just to get more hits on their site or just to piss people off and I use the words "news publication" VERY loosely for your site. I guess you got this news from Elvis didn't you, since he's been sighted so many times by magazines like yours.
    In closing let me just say you should be ashamed of yourselves for upsetting so many people for your own personal gains.
    In other words, YOU SUCK!!!!!!

34. Facebook is closing down, ISP starts hunting down torrent downloaders starting July, and Obama confronts issues on illegal alien immigrants. Man, who cares about that ! We're gonna get invaded by extra terrestrials and I will always support you WWN to bring the facts and updates regarding the martian invasion !

35. This is wrong. I'm to a A plues kid in my classes I got a very high GPA …but I love coming home and talking to people from all over the world I know them by name and I have chated with them on phone…but I roll play as well and Facebook is like my drug I need to be on it everyday…even in the summer we can't afford to do anything so Facebook gives me something todo and I'm not just a Rper I help people who are deppresed and I talk to them everyday to keep them safe. I love my Facebook very much I love the sight and most of all love the people my friends from school to the friends who moved far way and to friends who I get to meet in different places…I love to meet new people Facebook shuts down I lose all of that and I might not be the only one who cares this much,but I will do anything to keep it. Cause I've been told this many times oh that Facebook is going down…well when that day comes it don't happen,but if it does come then I've got Skype,my space and other places were I can talk to my friends, but FACEBOOK is the best out of all and I don't want it shut down!.

36. The bible says tht if one eye can make u go to hell pull it out. So if facebook is making poeple not to be prayin to jehova God shut it down.

37. I like FB…I can talk to friends from school that I don't have the ability to go see (and yes some of them don't have cell phones) plus I've made alot of great friends because of facebook. When school was in I had awesome grades and made the honor roll and high honor roll constantly so its not like FB makes people stupid or something and when I can't afford to go anywhere or see anyone it gives me something to do. Also I agree with Mariel. Online relationships can and often do grow to be a important as the ones we make in real life

38. Shut it down it makes no sense those trolls there are photoshopping people's photo. Lady gaga is aright for her because she is rich like zukerbg
    It s for the rich to get richer such an unfair site

39. Yes. Facebook must go and this is also a Facebook publicity stunt to make them richer selfish and greedy using us to make money then walking all over the minority

40. Fine can't handle the truth Facebook have no heart they are just bandwagon jumpers not much sense without a mind of your own you perish

41. Yes. Facebook must go and this is also a Facebook publicity stunt to make them richer selfish and greedy using us to make money then walking all over the minority it is racists

42. Yes fb has its problems with teens and yea. So! Thats life the ones that get crazy with the internet just wait there gonna be addicted to tumblr and yes the teens and yea that get heartbroken or what ever that freaking life PEOPLE! But, the reason why some people stay on Facebook is to stay with the people who live away from them to connect with those who don't have phones or is close enough to talk. thats what Facebook is for. For a lot of people so shut it down your not helping the people fix what u started!And news flash you should've thought what will happen to Facebook in the future then this wouldn't have happened no addicts no crazy and no missing people. cause trust me maybe in the future someone who was addicted to Facebook might kill u! Love the one and only Facebook!

43. They can't just shut it down you know!Okay I kinda agree with the people saying it's a bad addiction but..I'm 14,and no one understands me,NO ONE IN REAL LIFE.I don't get along with my classmates or neighbour kids.Using Facebook,I found great friends that share my interest,that are nice,and soon enough I met up with some of them,and now we're happily visiting eachother,doing what we like to do,etc.Facebook isn't also about making friends,It's about talking with people you know too,if you can't see them irl,where else?Not EVERYONE can download skype and msn,you know..
    I support Facebook!Don't shut it down!

44. FaceBook Shouldnt Be Shutt Downn , !
    Thsts Stuppid , manny Many Many People Need Facebook To ReConnect / COnnect Withh Friendss & Family , Talking Facbook Dowwn will Ruin Sociality ,
    woww Zuckerberg , Youu Create A World Wide Website , & Just Cause Youu Wantt YOUR lifee Back ( One Life )
    Youu Willing too Ruinn Millions Of Peoples Socail Lifes , ! Why Create It In The First Place , Noww Yourr Just Gunna Have Peoplee Filled Withh Hateee Towards Youu Forr even Sayingg yOu Guys Are Shutting It Downn , !wtf ? Facebook Doesnt Just Efect YOUR life , Youu Created For MILLIONS of users & Noww It MEeans Somethingg , You Will Ing To take It Awayy , All The Hard Workkk Just To Be Thrownn In The Trashh , ?
    c"mon Thinkk Of The Harmm Youlle Be Doingg ,
    # FaceBook Supporter , !
    Keepp FAceboook Aliveee , !

• I don't get why you type like that. Oh and ; *That's *Facebook *You're *Social *You're *Effect *You're *Willing *
      You really need to start paying attention in class.

45. Hhaahha Veryy Funny , -.-
    What Iff People Donnt Havee Fones & their Only Axes Iss Threww Computers Broo , I Dont Have A Fone Enymoree & i Can ONLY contact my friends and family threww facebook , youu wannna buy me a fonee ? no . ?
    i thought soo , ! soo stfu !

46. IFF YOU HATE FACEBOOOK THATS FINEE , BUT THAT DOESNT MEEN YOUU HAVE TOO F**** UPP MILLIONS OF LIFES BECAUSE OFF YOURR COMMENT

47. Facebook needs to stay!! People use it to talk to family members that live to far away and to be honest how would anyone that hates facebook know how important it is to the world. Ok so to adults it seems like a waste of time but think of how happy it has made everyone else who can't communicate with family and friends. The Earth needs facebook. Facebook Haters don't know anything they shouldn't even be able to comment about this. I mean lives would be ruined without facebook!!! I mean Zuckerberg is just selfish no one cares about his life if he created facebook for the world he shouldn't just punk out because things get tuff just for him, he should try to work things out get help if things are so hard he shouldn't have created facebook in the first place or let it be open for so long that like 18 billion people join it KEEP FACEBOOK OPEN!!! the world needs it!!

48. Reading all these comments make me laugh. I get the Facebook has changed a lot of your lives emotionally & physically. But, Facebook.. is full of fakes. Also, just think. Before Facebook, kids were behaving well, and people were more social. Nowadays, kids are off doing drugs, having sex, and just doing things that are wrong. I believe Facebook will come back later on in the future. But right now, everyone needs a reality check. We all need a break to rethink everything. I don't care if you disagree, but it's just the truth, imo.

• seriously? like kids weren't doing drugs in every generation prior to this one? and how can one even have sex or do drugs if they are so preoccupied with facebook? your comment is invalid.

• back in the old days our parents were troubled if we didnt do drugs, these days it is if we do not get bullied on facebook –' sorry but i would love to fall that internetfacebookbullyingtheory into a serious disaster, since the stuff doesnt make any sence anymore, there are options like ignore wich should be used, wich make parents also worry less, so start worrying about ur kids doing drugs more then the stupid facebook …

• you cant blame facebook for kids having sex, drugs etc. They were doing that stuff before facebook even started. Its caused by peer pressure and stuff like that. Not everything that goes wrong is because of facebook.

• You moron, THAT'S WHAT TEENAGERS DO, they'd do that if Facebook had been invented or not, so make sure you know what you're talking about before you say it

49. People will believe anything these days- a good example of ytf face book should be shut down lol.. but this fb ending soon "blablabla" is bs, because there are billions$ invested into face book… the government and even people inside the white house relies on the information face book is equipped with..

50. Ok they aren't going to shut Facebook down. I bet you 5$ someone either lied about those 'insiders' saying that, or that reporter paid them to say that so he got all those awards. Not to mention that what they were saying about Zuckerburg telling them stuff about how it's gonna shut down is probably just an inside office joke that they were apparently not present for or left out of.

51. So what if Facebook shuts down there are other social sites that are still out there may not have all of the games that facebook does but who cares. 9 chances out of 10 it wont but if it does oh well life won't stop exsiting if it does.

52. in ma opinion i will be okey, even if facebook will be shutting down because people waste a lot of time for chatting in stead of doing other important things.

53. NO ! They Can't Shut Down Facebook :C I Will KILL Myself If They Do (/.) Do Yall Want A Girl Too Die Because FB Gonna Shut Down ? No ? Then Don't Shut It Down -_____- Facebook Is MY Life And Maybe Others Too . Thats The Only Social Network I Use To Keep In Contact With My Friends Because I Don't HVe A Phone. . Facebook Is Worth Like , Billions Of Dollars ! Who Would Want To Shut It Down ? I Know I Wouldn't . I'd Be GLAD To Be A Billionaire C: Please Don't Shut Down Facebook . Please ? Thats The Only Way I Meet New People And Poke Random People. . Trololol ' ^.^ (I'm Serious] I Don't Want To Get On Twitter Instead Of Facebook -,- Stranqers Follow You . I Like Facebook Because I Get 1OO+ Likes On My Pictures And Statuses . Facebook Popular Much ? ;D Yeah . I Guess So . Soo , Please Don't Shut It Down. . It Was Supposed To 3 Hours Aqo And Its Makinq Me Think That It zwas Just A Rumor . I Hope It Was Doe ' .