FACEBOOK TO CHARGE USERS!

BREAKING –  Facebook, a public company, has reportedly announced a bold new plan – charging users?
Mark Zuckerberg reportedly announced that there will be a host of new changes to Facebook.
WWN’s  J.B. Smitts broke the story that Facebook was shutting down on May 15, 2013.  Maybe this helped Zuckerberg come up with his new plan?
Pressure from angry users has been too much and Facebook is looking at an alternative, something that will persuade Mark Zuckerberg to keep the site alive:  his social media platform is going to start charging users!
According to sources outside the company, Facebook is planning a subscription-based service with monthly fees starting at $0.99 for a basic “friendship” which allows for the posting of text and just one profile picture.  This fee will increase, depending on the number of friends you have, the messages posted and sent, and the pictures/videos/ games put on a user’s page.  The monthly fee will be capped at $50.00 per month at the high-end.
Bottom line:  the more you use Facebook, the more you will pay.

Reports from sources not affiliated with company are saying that all existing content has been “grandfathered” and will not be disrupted – though Facebook has decided to share this data with government agencies, including the FBI , the CIA and Michael Moore.
CIO, FLoyd Collins said – “people will get used to paying.  It’s not so bad.  What’s a few bucks a month?”
Investment bankers, including Goldman Sachs, who brought the company public,  learned that Mark Zuckerberg wanted to shutter the site, and are thrilled at the prospect of Facebook converting to a pay service.
“The addition of this substantial revenue windfall makes Facebook all that more attractive as an investment,” said Tom Wotozowski, Senior Vice President of Goldman Sachs.  “This will make it the largest corporation on the planet,  ever.”
Industry watchers estimate that the new fee-based program will generate well in excess of $50 billion in new revenue for the company – based on the most conservative assumptions of usage and the proposed tiered fee structure.
These estimates, of course, account for the fact that millions of users may quit Facebook in response to the imposition of fees.  “I’m not going to pay for Facebook!  It’s like paying for air.  It’s not right,” said longtime Facebook junkie,  Jessica Samsille.  “Screw them, I’m going back to MySpace,” said Bo Chan.
No matter.  Facebook executives are excited at the prospect of charging users. “We’re going to make money hand over fist,” said Facebook CEO Cindy Shooman.  “I think converting to a pay service is something that will make Mark want to keep the site going.  And I’ll finally get to buy an island in the Mediterranean.”
May 15, 2013 is Facebook Day.   The site will either shut down, or start charging users for its service – according to sources close to people from Silicon Valley.
[Reporting by Floyd Collins on WWN’s Financial News desk]

759 thoughts on “FACEBOOK TO CHARGE USERS!”

• I just posted a picture of my dog,a stupid picture of my dog and at the top of my post it said something along the lines of if you dont pay us $1.00 nobody is going to see this post………..I think the date of this posting here was a fair warning,never wouldve believed it if I hadnt seen it myself. I am so going back to myspace! Actually,I might return to the ACTUAL world,people cant pretend theyre something theyre not quite as easily when were all face to face right?

1. Its not serious to me, count me out lol lol 4 real. another social media will spring up and people will jump on board. If not broke why try and fix it. FB is making a serious mistake.

2. It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've learn this post and if I may just I wish to suggest you few fascinating things or advice. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles relating to this article. I wish to learn more issues approximately it!

3. Seriously guys..its a joke…it is a fictional news website…how come everyone is taking it so seriously…AT LEAST READ THE ARTICLE CAREFULLY….it's a good attempt at humor nevertheless…and the comments here are more funny.

• IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL FACE BOOK USERS.
      PLEASE ACT IMMEDIATELY TODAY TO HAVE USE OF FACE BOOK FREE OTHERWISE THEY MAY CHARGE YOU.
      ACT FAST PL. FACEBOOK JUST RELEASED THEIR PRICE GRID FOR MEMBERSHIP. $9.99 PER MONTH FOR GOLD MEMBER SERVICES, $6.99 PER MONTH FOR SILVER MEMBER SERVICES, $3.99 PER MONTH FOR BRONZE MEMBER SERVICES, FREE IF YOU COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE BEFORE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. WHEN YOU SIGN ON TOMORROW MORNING YOU WILL BE PROMPTED FOR PAYMENT. IT IS OFFICIAL IT WAS EVEN ON THE NEWS. FACEBOOK WILL START CHARGING DUE TO THE NEW PROFILE CHANGES. IF YOU COPY THIS ON YOUR WALL YOUR ICON WILL TURN BLUE AND FACEBOOK WILL BE FREE FOR YOU. PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE

4. It's not a false info., not entirely at least. Today I daw a new function on FB, something about putting a comment of yours on top of your page etc., and you have to pay for it.
    As far as I'm concerned this is stupid. I could live perfectly well without FB, I already don't use it so much. Still it's not only stupid but ethically wrong completely. The concept behind the FB was to connect people for free, and they are already making huge amount of money out of it. Good for them, but if that money isn't enough because each of them wants to buy an island in the Mediterranean then screw them.
    By the way, they are not enough empty island in the Mediteranean for these greedy people. There are people living in those island and they OWN them!!!

5. I recived a Bill for 38.00 for a game that i dont order it, the costa is 38.00 dls, the ganes name is lazy game, can you help me please? Thank you

6. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you actually know what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally discuss with my web site =). We could have a hyperlink trade agreement between us

7. I was expecting that to be happened. Here in turkey we have a site called Rüya Tabirleri , they are also started as free and then charged users. And their traffic dramatically lessened. If FB make this mistake, its destiny will be same as Rüya tabirleri site in Turkey . Twitter and Linkedin will take its crown.

8. Sorry boys and girls, I'm not gonna pay for someone to buy an island while I live in the projects. I've lived without Facebook for years, won't be difficult to go back to that standard.

• TRUE. I don't live in the projects but I wouldn't pay a dime for facebook…Guess everyone will go back to my space. I have a tagged and twitter page, so guess I will be visiting more often. Sorry but no deal.

9. Well I guess I won't have a page anymore…Me and a lot of other people. Why pay for Facebook when twitter, tagged and other social network sites are free. I feel like they are about to loose a lot of members.

10. I WON'T PAY BOTTOM LINE!!! You are already $$$RICH$$$ as fucc do you really need to start charging us to use facebook

• Think about where you are getting this information. How many times did they say Facebook was shutting down? WWN just says stupid things like this to get people wound up.

• dont blame you not paying for anything that was suppose to be free always and now they want to get rich off the users on facebook well not from me

11. i would not continue to use facebook unless they make it better.linking us with more resources that meets us where we are really at.

12. only morons will pay good money for this site, and they quoted that facebook will always be free, if they charge it will be false advertising

13. IF he starts asking for money I'm gone.!! As someone else has said we lived without it before it hit, and we can do it again.
    He is already rich… how rich does he want to be while his users are poor.. NAHHHH not a penny of of me.

14. Carlos Mencia's Mother: *Carlos, let's pray for the Pope.* Carlos Mencia: *Yeah, let's raise money for Bill Gates too.* Mark, you can take your fees, and your snitching and shove them straight up your ass!!! Hey, I'll admit it, I like Farmville, but I can't play that at zynga.com, so Zuckerburg can kiss my big white ass as I'm walkin' out the door! 😀

15. Facebook will be bankrupt with in weeks because people won't pay for stuff like that. People will find other ways to communicate for free, and besides that Mark is already filthy rich.

16. I have all my family and friends from far around the world on my facebook
    Having to give up my job means for me I often find my self in a finacial bind
    if they started charging I would loose contact with all these wonderful people

• Yes your right I have friends and family to they need to think what they doing to us big time we all will loose contact I hope not we do not have to give up facebook at all but if it is hello to twitter.

17. "Globetimer" THE WORLD CLOCK
    All the Times of the World at a Glance
    For iPhone and Android Devices
    Here is a screenshot of Globetimer ® on a smartphone displaying Paris time. Times around the world are also shown.

18. MySpace… wait for me!
    Yes, MySpace and others will be so happy and I am so definitely certain that all that Facebook is with all those wonderful features we all like will be provide in a new Site, company or person with the resources.

19. such crazyness these people r doing i think after this no one will be using facebook !!!!!!!!
    mark my word
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Not so. I found a long lost cousin and sent them a message. FB wanted to charge me $1 to have that message sent to their inbox rather than their 'other' box because we were not "connected". Most people are not aware of the 'other' box. To my knowledge my cousin still has not read the message I sent to them. In my opinion FB is going from a social network to an unsocial network.

20. Hello very cool web site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally?I'm happy to search out a lot of helpful information right here in the publish, we want work out extra strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

21. I was using Facebook just because this was a good way to stay connected with my school friends. I always liked Google+ over Facebook. But this was not the case with my friends. Now when Facebook becomes a paid service, I would finally be able to convert my friends to Google+ and Twitter.

22. You may be able to get loans using your personal credit, so why bother building business credit? It’s best to keep personal and business matter separate. Building business credit works so why bother building business credit and it’s used differently. You can also protect yourself by building business credit.

23. Such crap! Facebook have all that money to advertise and promote the site, yet they have the audacity to charge users to post status updates, photos/videos, comments, and play games on Facebook. I have been a user since 2009 and have used Facebook to keep in touch with family, friends, coworkers and former classmates. I don't think they realize that that's how people keep in touch with folks that's distant. So disappointed!

24. You know thus significantly relating to this matter, produced me individually consider it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men are not involved until it's something to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs excellent. Always care for it up!

25. We're a group of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive task and our whole community will probably be grateful to you.

26. There is no way I am paying! Bunch of cheats. They are already rich. Greedy! I am going to shut my facebook soon and shift to myspace or Tumblr.

27. Ask questions about the blog post. In The Personality Traits of a Successful Writer, Barb Nefer says "A writer isn't going to get very far if she's crushed by rejection slips or intimidated by everyone else out there who might be a better writer.

28. They are already charging to send people a message directly to their in box if they aren't a friend, if you don't pay $1 (US) then it goes to the "Other" space on your facebook. They are taking baby steps. Owell, motivation to delete the drama causing page anyways. Making people pay with ensure some people of breaking this stupid social media addiction. Screw facebook, life is better spent OUTDOORS with REAL friends anyways. Bring it on you money hungry Bast***s

29. ABSURD…..RIDUCULOUS….STOP THE MADNESSssss……**
    I'll walk away from FB, in a New York SECOND, if they play money monger games with me!!!!
    ThinK about this again, FB.

30. Mark Zuckerberg is just like steve jobs. only worse. He only cares about money. If this happens I think it will back fire on Mr Zuckerberg badly as in this economy not many would be able to afford this.
    If this happens i might have to rethink on using facebook. I certainly wont pay for any thing on facebook. I dont pay any money for the games . I make do playing games on facebook with out the extra things offered in games. He made his money from Facebook, now he will bury his own company if it backfires on him.

31. This has to be lies, surely no CEO in their right mind would publically say "we're going to make money hand over fist".
    Load of rubbish!!!

32. Facebook has a track record of sneaky payments with their advertising, relative to Google for example. They are a company with dubious morals, not to be trusted, not with your private data or your money. So buyer beware,
    If you could get some ex cons to develop an overrated, glorified chatroom Facebook would probably be the result.

• I suppose their story that Obama is being impeached and George Zimmerman is dating Casey Anthony is correct also.

33. Go rather to Sitetalk_com – they do not charge but pay you money for being active with your friends only or buying anything 🙂
    7% to 10% cashback will be paid soon for each purchase. That's the future of social zone!

34. FB…WHAT A CRAP!!! Everyone come and join to SITETALK, they not charge for being on the site, they not charge for writing or sending pictures. SITETALK DONT charges, THEY pay to YOU!!!!
    Join, see OPORTUNITY and invite your friends! 😉
    link to join sitetalk.com/mati26

35. This was bought up in conversation last night ..no one haf heard anything directly from facebook..will we be notified? I for one will not use it again if it goes ahead ..and the fun of facebook and the wonderful way it has connected with so many will be lost

36. Woah this site is great i'm keen on researching your articles. Continue to be within the good work! You are already aware, plenty of people feel the need about for this info, it is possible to aid these enormously.

37. I just now could not go away your website in advance of indicating that we particularly liked the common facts a person give with your guests? Shall be back continually to check out innovative blogposts

38. Zapraszam na portal SiteTalk.com/jaros gdzie można kupować w 5000 sklepów internetowych taniej ( amazaon, sony, dell, bon prix, Careefour, CyberLink, AVG Technologies, i wiele więcej)

39. Terrific art! Right here is the type of info that you should embraced on the internet. Waste on yahoo without extended positioning this particular set up upper! Occur through as well as check with my website. Cheers Means)