END OF THE WORLD POSTPONED

YUCATAN – Mayan scholars have updated their doomsday prophecy. The world will end in 2015, not 2012.Oops…. They made a mistake.   There’s good news for those who were fearing the 2012 Mayan apocalypse.   They counted wrong.   The world is not going to end in December 2012.  Instead, it’s going to end on September 3, 2015.   Update your daily planners!
A new critique, published as a chapter in the new textbook “Calendars and Years: Astronomy and Time in the Ancient and Medieval World” argues that the accepted conversions of dates from Mayan to the modern calendar are off.  This coupled with a new book, “We Are All Going To Die In 2015” by Fritz Barnkopf  are rewriting the Mayan doomsday playbook that has been popularized in our culture over the last ten years.

The problem was discovered when researchers realized the Mayan calendar was converted to today’s Gregorian calendar using an erroneous calculation called the GMT constant, named for the last initials of three early Mayanist researchers.
But the GMT constant is completely bogus.  “The Mayan researchers of the past twenty years put too much stock in the GMT,” said Mayan expert Robert Wannamaker.  “They probably were chewing on too many cocoa leaves. The fact is that the GMT constant is 2 years and 271 days off.  We’ve proven that conclusively hear at The Scripps Institute.”
The apocalypse is now delayed.   This is a stunning blow to all the merchandisers that were seeking to capitalize on the “end-of-world” prophecy BEFORE the world ends.  “Man, I was selling all sorts of 2012 doomsday paraphernalia.   Now, I gotta go back and make it all again for 2015.  It’s a real drag,” said 2012 fanatic, Judd Barkley.
Hollywood is jumping right on the 2015 bandwagon.   Producers are lining up to make the 2012 sequel, 2015. “It’s great for us,” said Producer Tracey Barnham.  “I hope that they extended it again in a few years, so we can keep this franchise going.”
Not likely.  Mayan researchers are unanimous on the end-of-world data.  The world will disappear in 2015.  You might want to plan accordingly.
Bad news:  we’re all going to die.  Good news:  We got three more years!  Woo-hoo!!!

241 thoughts on “END OF THE WORLD POSTPONED”

• Then you wont mind giving us a 25 year loan on our property? No, I didnt think so. You know too well that this is all accurate and it scares you into denial.

• your gay, the world is not ending! i just started my life and its not ending because of a rock
      i want to experience life, owning a house and having a job and being awesome 🙂

1. if this is true u don't have to worry about paying off any depts or loans, because we nor the depts or loans excise anymore. I truely beleive its a lie because the bible say nobody shall know the time nor day. He will come like a thief in the night.

2. Examine the facts:
    1) If time travel is possible, we should see people form the future telling us how to do it.
    2) If we discover suddenly that time travel exists, it will change everything we know about the world.
    3) The commotion could release some kind of global disaster.
    So, if you can travel thru time, what you should do? The answer is: give people in the past the information in small but irrefutable doses.
    Time traveler knows that Chaplin's movies will survive thru times. He or she knows that mobile technology is an irrefutable "sign of the times". So, he or she planted this evidence in order to gain attention from us. Just that: gain attention. In the next few years, we will "discover" other future technologies in old movies, as the Star Trek phaser, the Lost in Space Robot, the Lucy's Vitameatavegamin and so on, until we all are convinced that time travel is possible. Early attempts to do so, as the mayan astronaut and Leonardo's drawings were not good enough to convince us until the invention of movies and DVDs.
    Once we all understand that fact as a fact, time traveler can present among us with a message form the future. When? December 21st 2012 could be a good date. Maybe 2015, according to reliable sources.

3. The real extinction of our civilization is going to happen if we don't stop white nose syndrome. Weekly Worlds News coverage of this problem has been incredible. Bat Boy's efforts to march on congress for funding should be supported!

• I personally don't believe that the Mayas are poor people. However, just to make a clarification or going back to history, they were one of the smartest people living at the time. I really don't know if you know something about us the Mayas. I am proud to say that those people are my ancestors. TADA!!!!!!

4. Oh No~ I've resign my job because my saving money can afford my living cost until 2012.. now, I have to look for another job to save money for 3 more years…

5. The funny blind beliefs like
    giving birth to a child by a virgin without male
    dooms day
    There is only one god, that is our god, if you don't pray him there is no use
    Our god is only the way and path,..
    all these things lead to fanatic stupidity and crusades
    If a god expects such street goona type of loyalty to him only… then he is not god "Real demon"

6. anyone does not know when the end of the world, even the angels in heaven will not know when the end of the world, only God knows when the right time will come

7. See that you not be decieved, for many will come in my name, saying, 'I am Prophet…….,' and time has come.' Do not follow them! When you hear of wars and insurrection, do not be terrified; for such things must happen first, but it will not immediately be the END OF THE WORLD.

8. See that you not be decieved, for many will come in my name, saying, 'I am Prophet…….,' and time has come.' Do not follow them! When you hear of wars and insurrection, do not be terrified

9. dude seroisly plans for 2013 listen…. the worlds NOT ending on exactly September 3 2015 or 2015 at all NO ONE KNOWS when the world is ending only GOD unless your him get over it your doing to live…… i'm not going to think sycotic like everyone exactly what day i'm dying thats evil… everyone

10. on here is saying do not be terrified or i'm going to die when i'm 46 or 35 or 29 well if the world does end september 3 2015 i will be 18 turning 19 27 days after stupid ppl get on my nerves … The only smart one on here is nathaniel Uy and awesome…. You guys are all REally idiots go to church get a FREAKIN BIBLE stupid stupid take a chill pill too some of you guysss are seriously listening to the

• Yes because the bible makes so much more sense then the mayan prophecy. Don't get me wrong I think both are complete nonsense but I'm just saying how does the bible make any more sense then the mayan prophecy? People like you annoy me so much. The world could end no one knows for sure but going to church and reading the bible won't make us any more educated on whether the world will end or not. I am an athiest but I am studying religion and have found nothing of any use in the bible, the quran, the Tenakh or The holy Piby or whatever you like. They are all the same with only minute differences none of which will or can tell us when or how or why the world will end.

11. news when do they tell you something true???? And your listening to them with a stupid calander….. They messed up the first time saying dec 21 2012 now sep 3 2012 make up your mind that makes people want to comit suicide heyy and all those ppl reading thiss and talking crap hey big words for lil girl guess how old i am
    13 get over it and i'm not crazy about the world "Supposly ending…=[" P.s go to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Evil thinkers

12. Stupid people say stupid things . What will their excuse be when the world does not end on 2015?
    Keep quiet fools. The world will end when God decides it will. Goofballs

13. If you knew anything about the mayan calendar it doesnt tell you what will happen. They recorded their predictions, they marked when they believed a disaster or something would happen. They havent been wrong, they predicted the tsunami and they predicted 9/11

14. we dont care about the mayans prediction if they can predict it why make a plan how to prevent it so stupid then when 1 year is upon 2015 stupidness happen let's extend it 5more years or so , stupid ignorant fool

15. Just wanted to say that I work at a big biotherapeutic corporation in Clayton NC and I support Barack Obama with all my being. I encourage all my friends and colleagues to re-elect Obama in 2012!! I LOVE YOU OBAMA

16. This is very interesting, You are a very professional blogger. I have joined your rss feed and stay up for seeking more of your magnificent post. Additionally, I've shared your site in my social networks

17. You people make me laugh lol the world is gonna end! Yes it will! But not on a specific date…. It will end when us humans are done destroying it with all the pollution….

18. Listen the bible says its ganna happen one day god will return one day into a killing of all, but this world ending thing started when the 1900 were up, 2000 it started it so it isnt ganna end but if we have enought disasters it will end. and im only 10

19. First of all, the Mayans said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the world ending on ANY GODDAMN DATE. SO STFU AND STOP MAKING FALSE PROPHECIES AND BLAMING THEM ON THE POOR MAYANS.

20. Only god know when is the end . and , why must people find the date ? Mayan said it's today but , there's nothing . absolutely , it's wrong and I not trust that .

21. if Hollywood is planning on making 2015, then please make it better than 2012. the acting in that movie was terrible, but the special effects was awesome, just like independence day.

22. Those who worship God are committing one of their own sins: worshiping a false idol. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact. Yes, you have the right to believe in Fairy Tales, but no, no one has to respect that belief.

23. The people that actually believe that the world and everything in it will just end in some apocalyptic manner are complete autists. No… that's an insult to actual autists.
    The world won't just stop like that. That includes you, Christians. Earth will exist long after us humans wipe ourselves out from it.

24. Oh god come on guys, doomsday prophecies? Really? Again? Can't you just for once say "Oh, hey, we were wrong! There never will be a doomsday! Yay, our future will be much happier!". Can't you lot just stop being the harbingers of doom and gloom and make a prophecy where the cure to cancer, aids, and all other medical advances help to heal everyone and make THAT one actually happen?

25. Someone please write that the calendar is just incomplete and that the counting NEVER ends? No, man, they are desperate for the world to end, so much that they forgot the mayans doesn't take leap years in consideration and that their culture has disappeared. A few "heirs" remains, and that's it!

26. Just… STOP this nonsense already! We're busting more and more theories.
    Hell, we busted the 1 billion views for Gangnam Style, theory. Yes, that video reached that many views less than half an hour ago. We are still around. JUST. STOP. FOR SUWAKO'S SAKE!

27. Ok I think I speak for just about everyone on this planet when I say WE DON'T KNOW WHEN THE WORLD WILL END. obviously I think we should have stopped with this world ending nonsense when the 2000 millenium bug world ending didn't happen, the 2000 planetary alignment world ending didn't happen, 06/06/06 devil/ anti christ world ending didn't happen, rapture beginning, rapture ending, and now 2012 world ending. DIDN'T HAPPEN. and odds are, this whole 2015 deal won't happen as well. I think you doomsday predictors are trying to keep the world scared, for what reason? I have no idea. How about this? You think the world is going to end a certain day, cool. don't let us know. I'd rather die a sudden death than knowing for 2 years when the day will come. Keep your idiotic predictions to yourselves.
    The Bible says that we will not know when the world will end. So stop trying. Or at least stop letting the world know about your dumb predictions that never come true. Waste of time and worrying.

28. The end of the Mayan calendar is not to signify the end of the world. It's the beginning of a new Mayan year (or cycle, whatever the term for it was) it's a cause for celebration, not fear.

29. I agree with everything you said.
    Except that you just offended a lot of autistic people.
    Good job, that makes all the autistic people feel SO GREAT.

30. “Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all. It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed."
    -Luke 17:26-30 (New International Version)
    The answer is that the end of the world will come when we least expect it.

31. This is your Opinion, you can't change nobody else mines but you believe the world gonna end, You believe teacehrs can actually teach. Everyone have their own opinion, so keep yours to yourself. Do You and only you

• look for goodness sake the world will end when it ends. i tis most likely not in our time.
      may be if we look after our planet better may be it would last longer.

32. I just want to say, you are wrong. The world will end, but that will be when the resources are dried out and when the sun finally dies out. However, that's Billions of years from now. We won't experience the end of the world, fortunately. I'm just surprised many people still believe the world will just suddenly die in over the course of ONE day, it's preposterous. The world is dying, but like many of us, dying slowly, by aging.

33. “Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all. It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all. It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed."

34. Uwaaeeeehhhhhhh……. Oops, sorry boys, I yawn
    Yeah yeah right, the Mayans did this the Mayans did that. Bet using my head that NONE of those oh-so-great "scientists" have never been able to met a REAL Mayans elder in their pathetic lives (and I mean REAL, not some mumbo jumbo out of nowhere) So people, those of you out there who still have your brains, dont blame Mayan people for something they did NOT do. Their calendars? Oh ya! The last time I've heard, their circles of time expand for infinitely, and the latest version? Expand to another 7000 years.
    So……..if anyone of you who can live to that day, and we'll see the apocalypse together, okay?

• Dark, I think yours is probably the most sensible comment on here! I have wasted 30 mins of my life, which is supposedly going to end anyway in 3 yrs, reading the garbage that these people publish here!
      I cannot believe that people take this nonsense seriously. I presume the article about Facebook closing down was written by them also. What a load of poppycock!
      The people who write these pathetic articles need to go for a long walk & get some fresh air…..or get a proper job.

35. god please the world will not end in 2015 this is just stupid they always said the world will end but it never ends :so just shut up with this stupid thing that world will end…

36. Guys this is all written as a joke. You're idiots for not realizing that. Look at the other stories, you think they're true? You're getting mad about a joke. Hahaha

37. Steve, you do realize that, more sooner than later, a similar projection will be made and it will be sold a serious stuff and too many people will buy that crap sandwich.

38. Frank Lake, are you still talking you stupid a-s-s..f-u-c-k ??
    p.s. People like you and people who believes in what people like you have to say – are such "a waste of space" !!

39. All of these quacks that are making these predictions are profiting big time off really stupid peoples fears. I read that there are idiots out there that quit their jobs and spent their savings having a good time before the end. How many 2012 shows are there on history channel? How many movies out there? Idiots selling 2012 merchandise. I am extremely disappointed in the median intelligence of our species.

40. if you read Bible and believe it Psalm 104 : 5 SAYS He has founded the earth upon its established places;
    It will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever. SO MEANS TO SAY WORLD WILL NEVER END !

41. guys… you can search it on google.. every year.. there is a doomsday prediction.. NYAHA! what can you say? They are foolers. excited to end the world. Crazy peoples.

42. What bothers me about this is: What if the government knows when the world will end, and they give out all these false dates because in the end, we won't believe the real date?

43. This site is truly amazing my one of friend told me about this. And the theme is quite beautiful as well as the updated stuff also attract visitors to coma and visit again. I would definitely bookmark it and would come back to you soon. Keep on updating.

44. This article is just pretentious fear mongering nonsense. Anyone that believes this is real or serious should stop playing Final Fantasy and stop watching Roland "The Hack" Emmerich's D-list films. He's not a god or a prophet. Everyone should just calm down and take it easy.
    I mean, the Mayans couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag and we're supposed to believe these guys?

45. Nick Fury: Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on.
    IN OTHER WORDS, SHUT UP UNTIL IT REALLY DOES END.

46. POSTPONED???????… OOO M.G….. X10… IT'S A JOKE??, OR A GAME TO BE POSTPONED BECAUSE NOT HAPPENED OR LIKE A BASEBALL OR BASKETBALL OR BOXING NOT BUYING TICKETS OR THE MANAGER OF BOTH TEAM IS NOT UNDERSTAND OF WHAT ARE AGREEMENT?. PLEASE Frank Lake DO NOT BE STUPID.

47. Oh my god people the Mayans said something huge would happen not that the world would end and I see that the big thing was the Connecticut shooting cause there will be more gun control and every year the world is supposed to end every year

48. There are plenty of end of the world scenarios still to play out. Obviously, an exact Julian calendar date can't be accurately set based on ancient prophecies.
    An asteroid several city blocks in length will hopefully just miss the Earth on February 15th, 2013. Of course, NASA has stated that there is no risk or danger although it will be the nearest miss ever recorded in history at only about 16,000 miles away!
    Watch for 2013 to be filled with many major events that will have the possibility to change our lives forever.

• Are you actually an idiot? Scientists did not predict the end of the world! Mayan believers did! And as for believing the bible.. Scientists look at pure hard facts and search for asteroids, planets and stars that could possibly wipe out the earth with an actual cause instead of stating "Only god knows." Scientists don't believe the world will end for another few billion years when our sun expands into a red giant and consumes the earth. The bible is the most contradictory book ever written where our "Lord" apparently claims murder is wrong and then orders his prophets to murder thousands of people!