DENVER – God is rooting for Tebow and the Broncos. And the signs were everywhere during the Broncos-Steelers playoff game.
The proof is in… God is on Tebow’s side. And He wants the Broncos to win it all.
Tim Tebow connected with Demaryius Thomas on an electrifying 80-yard touchdown pass on the first play of overtime and the Broncos defeated the stunned Steelers 29-23 in the AFC wild-card game on Sunday. Wild doesn’t begin to describe it. The play took 11 seconds and was the quickest ending to an overtime in NFL history.
Thomas hauled in a high play-action pass at the Denver 38, stiff-armed Ike Taylor and then outraced Ryan Mundy to the end zone. Tebow, who looked as startled as everyone else, headed for his own end zone and knelt on one knee — a gesture known far and wide these days as Tebowing. Then he pounded a fist in triumph and took a victory lap.
“When I saw him scoring, first of all, I just thought, `Thank you, Lord,”‘ Tebow said. “Then, I was running pretty fast, chasing him — Like I can catch up to D.T! Then I just jumped into the stands, first time I’ve done that. That was fun. Then, got on a knee and thanked the Lord again and tried to celebrate with my teammates and the fans.”
Tebow threw for 316 yards. One of the most popular Bible verses is John 3:16. Here is the famous quote from that bible verse:
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”
Coincidence? Maybe? But what about these other facts about the game last night.
1) OFFICIATING CREW. One of the refs for last night’s game was Julian Mapp (#52). Julian’s nickname since grade school? Moses.
2) WATER. Players for the Broncos confirmed that during halftime, the water in one of the tubs on the sidelines had changed into wine!
3) 50. Due to injuries the Broncos only had 50 players in uniform last night. In the Bible, the word “pentecost” means fifty and The Holy Spirit was given fifty days after Jesus’ resurrection. Fifty is also the year of jubilee.
4) 52. The Steelers only had 52 players in uniform last night. In the Bible sll the names of satan are divisible by thirteen. Israel rebelled against God thirteen times in the wilderness. 13 x 4 = 52 = The Steelers.
5) BRONCOS. “Broncos” are mentioned in some translations of the bible. The meaning of a Bronco in the Bible: power, strength, conquest, war.
6) TEBOWING. This is when Tim Tebow gets down on one knee and prays after a touchdown. It is also reminiscent of Auguste Rodin’s sculputre, “The Thinker”. The Thinker was originally intended to depict Dante at the Gates of Hell, making a choice between Heaven and Hell.
7) UFOS. There were over two dozen fans who spotted “UFOs” over Mile High Stadium last night. The U.N. Panel on Extraterrestrials confirmed to WWN that they were NOT alien spaceships. Many religious leaders believe they were, in fact,… angels.
Will God be with the Broncos and Tebow when they play the Patriots at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts? What do you think?