Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy were two of the greatest U.S. Presidents, and they are forever linked by an incredible series of eerie similarities.
1. Lincoln was elected in 1860. Kennedy was elected in 1960.
2. Lincoln’s assassin was born in 1839. Kennedy’s assassin was born in 1939.
3. Lincoln’s Vice President was a Southerner named Johnson born in 1808. Kennedy’s Vice President was a Southerner named Johnson born in 1908.
4. Lyndon Johnson and Andrew Johnson both died 10 years after their predecessors.
5. Both Presidents were slain on a Friday, as their wives looked on. Both were shot from behind and in the head.
6. John Wilkes Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and ran to a warehouse. Lee Harvey Oswald shot Kennedy from a warehouse and ran to a theater.
7. Both assassins were killed before they could be brought to trial.
8. Presidents Lincoln and Kennedy were both shot in Fords – Lincoln in Ford’s Theatre and Kennedy in a Lincoln Continental, which is made by the Ford Motor Co.
9. President Lincoln’s secretary was named Kennedy and she advised him not to go to the theater where he was killed. President Kennedy’s secretary was named Lincoln and she advised him not to go to Dallas, where he was assassinated.
10. The names Lincoln and Kennedy each have seven letters. The names of their Vice Presidents – Andrew Johnson and Lyndon Johnson – each contain 13 letters.