Does your dog growl at the sight of a clerical collar? Or gleefully “do its business” on hallowed ground? If so, watch out – your beloved pet maybe possessed!
That is the chilling warning of Father Brett Rollins, a leading expert in demonic possession.
“Innocent beasts are an easy target for Lucifer’s minions,” explains Fr. Rollins of Charleston, S.C. “Unlike humans, they lack the willpower to fight off an invading spirit.”
Possessed dogs first exhibit behavior that is merely puzzling, then go on to become a danger to people and property, according to the expert. “In the end they always turn on their owners – when you read a newspaper account of a dog killing its own master, this is almost always a case of demonic possession.”
Certain breeds are more susceptible to possession than others, including German shepherds, Doberman pinschers and pit bulls.
“These dogs have been bred over the centuries for aggression, and are easily led to the dark side,” says Fr. Rollins.
The Catholic priest, who often assists worried pet owners, says the following are signs you have a “Devil Dog” on your hands:
1. Your dog barks or growls at religious ministers.
2. When the two of you walk by a cemetery, the animal tries to desecrate the dead – by urinating against a headstone.
3. If you hold a crucifix or Bible in front of your pooch, it snarls, lunges or recoils in fear.
4. Your dog often appears to be listening to secret voices or sounds that you can’t hear. “He may be receiving his marching orders from his true master, Satan,” notes Fr. Rollins.
5. The canine reacts excitedly to images of death, evil and Satan.
6. The dog attempts to bite or attack innocent children.
If your dog shows these warning signs, don’t despair – but DO consult a trusted minister at once, advises Fr. Rollins.
“A simple exorcism can easily rid your pet of all Satanic influence.”