Make a mini-me version of yourself! A new 3D printer can make doll-sized twin of you in 24 hours.
You will have a mini-me version of yourself, even down to your wrinkles, freckles and moles!
The My3DTwin is the first of its kind in the world. The company is based in the United Kingdom.
Figurines are created using 3D scanning and printing technologies. Come in three sizes from 15cm to 25cm and cost between $120 and $300. It uses photogrammetry to create an accurate 3D model of the customer.
Eerily lifelike models of customers are made in three sizes from 15cm to 25cm and use a combination of 3D scanning and printing technology to capture an individual’s features.
Intricate details from clothes and jewelry to facial expression and even the exact shade of lipstick can be transferred to a custom-made ‘high-level composite’ plastic model.
The service, called My3DTwin, claims to be the first of its kind in the UK and is a venture between 3D-printing firm Cadvanture and scanning company Levavo.
To have a mini-me created, individuals are photographed by 50 cameras from every angle in a studio in Shoreditch for around 15 minutes.
My3DTwin uses a technique based on photogrammetry, which extracts properties of an object from photographic images to create a 3D model.
This includes accurate body measurements and shapes as well as lifelike colours to create the perfect mini doppelganger.
- My3DTwin is a collaboration between a scanning and a 3D printing firm
- Customers are photographed by 50 cameras in a studio
- A technique based on photogrammetry is used to extract their measurements and details to create a 3D model
- The figurine is printed with a state-of-the-art 3D printer that can create 390,000 colours
- 3D printed figurines of customers are made in three sizes from 15cm to 25cm and cost between £84 and £200
- There are plans to create group and family figurines in the future
The model itself is printed with a state-of-the-art full-colour 3D printer that can create an incredible 390,000 colours to ensure that the mini-me is as lifelike as possible.My3DTwin was founded by three friends who stumbled across 3D technology and started capturing everyday objects using different 3D scanning lasers and photogrammetry.
They then moved onto scanning humans and came up with the idea of creating a mini-me.